Instructions for visitors
On this page, you will find updated instructions for Central Hospital visitors regarding, among other things, face mask recommendations, visitation restrictions and the number of visitors allowed. Read the instructions before coming to the hospital!
Please wear a face mask when visiting the hospital
- All visitors to the hospital are advised to wear a face mask (nose-mouth protection). Please bring your own mask with you. You can buy disposable masks in the Central Hospital café, which is located at the main entrance (see map of the hospital area in Hietalahti). In Huutoniemi, you can get a face mask from the Outpatient Treatment Unit if needed.
- The use of a face mask is also recommended for patients at Vaasa Central Hospital, customers of outpatient treatment units and their escorts.
- It is recommended to wear a mask during trainings and events at the central hospital, and to maintain a social distance of 1 to 2 metres.
Only visit the hospital if you are healthy
- You can only visit the hospital if you are healthy and asymptomatic. Do not visit if you have even the mildest symptoms of an infectious disease: cough, runny nose, sore throat or muscle aches, fever, changes in sense of smell or taste, or diarrhoea.
- If you have been abroad to a higher risk country and your entry to Finland is less than 14 days, then you can only visit the hospital in the following circumstances:
- you have received two doses of corona vaccine and at least 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose OR
- you have had a covid infection in the last six months OR
- you have received one dose of corona vaccine after a covid infection and at least 7 days have passed since the vaccination.
Observe visiting times, also remember to maintain social distancing and to disinfect hands
- The number of visitors is limited to 1-2 visitors per patient so that safe social distancing can be observed in the patient rooms.
- Disinfect your hands on arrival at the hospital, ward, and on departure.
- Register at the ward office on arrival and agree with staff about your visit.
- Respect the visiting hours.
- Follow staff instructions on using hand sanitisers and face masks.
- Remember to maintain a social distance of 1-2 metres from patients and staff.