Collecting a Stool Sample for Diagnosing Salmonella
2608 F –SalmVi, Bacterial culture of Salmonella
The purpose of this test is to detect Salmonella bacteria in feces.
1. Sampling kit:
- A clean container, for example, a disposable plate or a cardboard kidney bowl.
- A sampling container with a spoon attached to the lid.
- A sealable plastic bag.
- A sticker for recording your personal details.
2. Collecting the stool sample:
- Collect some stool (feces) in the clean container.
- Open the lid of the sampling container. Using the spoon attached to the lid fill 1/3 of the container with stool.
- Close the lid carefully.
- Attach a sticker to the sampling container.
- Write the sampling date and time on the sticker.
- Put the sampling container in a plastic bag and seal the bag carefully.
3. Storing the sample:
Take the sample to the laboratory as soon as possible, preferably on the same day or the following morning the latest. Store the sample in a cool place, e.g. in a refrigerator (NB! Keep away from foodstuff).
4. Please note:
In order to minimize the risk of infection, please wash your hands carefully with water and soap after collecting the sample. Dispose the container you used for collecting the sample appropriately.