Collecting a Stool Sample for Helicobacteri Pylori Antigen Test
The purpose of this test is to identify a Helicobacter infection or evaluate the success of a Helicobacter treatment. It is possible to evaluate the success of the Helicobacter treatment only 4 – 6 weeks after the treatment has ended.
1. Sampling kit:
- A clean container, for example, a disposable plate or a cardboard kidney bowl.
- A sampling container with a spoon attached to the lid.
- A sealable plastic bag.
- A sticker for recording your personal details.
2. Collecting the stool sample:
- Collect some stool (feces) in the clean container.
- Open the lid of the sampling container. Using the spoon attached to the lid collect about a teaspoonful of stool into the container.
- Close the lid carefully.
- Attach a sticker to the sampling container.
- Write the sampling date and time on the stickers.
- Put the sample container in a plastic bag and seal the bag carefully.
3. Storing the sample:
Take the sample to the laboratory as soon as possible, preferably on the same day or the following morning the latest. Store the sample in a cool place, e.g. in a refrigerator (NB! Keep away from foodstuff).
4. Please note:
In order to minimize the risk of infection, please wash your hands carefully with water and soap after collecting the sample. Dispose the container you used for collecting the sample appropriately.