Stool Sampling for the Determination of Calprotectin
This test is used for the purpose of screening and follow-ups of inflammatory bowel diseases.
1. Sampling kit:
- A clean container, for example, a disposable plate or a cardboard kidney bowl.
- A sampling container with a spoon attached to the lid.
- A sealable plastic bag.
- A sticker for recording your personal details.
2. Collecting the stool sample:
- Collect some stool (feces) in the clean container.
- Open the lid of the sampling container. Using the spoon attached to the lid collect about a teaspoonful of stool into the container.
- Close the lid carefully.
- Attach a sticker to the sampling container.
- Write the sampling date and time on the sticker.
- Put the sampling container in a plastic bag and seal the bag carefully.
3. Storing the sample:
Take the sample to the laboratory as soon as possible, preferably on the same day or the following morning the latest. Meanwhile, store the sample in room temperature.
4. Please note:
In order to minimize the risk of infection, please wash your hands carefully with water and soap after collecting the sample. Dispose the container you used for collecting the sample appropriately.