Wound care instructions
The wound should be kept clean and dry.
Wound tape protects the wound and should remain until the stitches are removed unless otherwise stated.
If small occasional bleeding put a clean and dry dressing on top of the old one or if necessary, you can change the dressing.
- Avoid sauna and swimming as long as you have the stitches
- Avoid unnecessary touching of the wound
Contact your local health centre in case:
- The wound causes increasing pain
- Fever rises and/or the skin turns red around the wound
- The wound continues to bleed
- You notice smelly secretion from the wound
Stitches shall be removed on ________ at your local health centre. Make an appointment.