Preparing for Daysurgical Procedure
A day surgery patient is someone who comes for a procedure and is released home during a single day.
We perform surgery as a day case if
- the patient is fit
- conditions allow after-care at home
- and the operation is otherwise suitable for day surgery
- you have someone to pick you up from the hospital and also a responsible companion for the evening and night following the surgery.
You will be released home when
- your vital functions are stable
- you have been out of bed and perhaps eaten and had something to drink.
- the wounds do not bleed profusly and your pain is under control.
We give guidelines for home treatment before the release. A follow-up visit is also scheduled if necessary.
Both adults and children can be treated as day surgery patients.
Good planning and co-operation between patient and staff are prerequisite for successful day surgery.