The hospital chaplain is the person who is there to give you unhurried support
- when you need someone to listen to you and wish to speak with someone
- when you are scared or depressed
- when you are pondering on issues related to your view of life or wish to have spiritual guidance
- when you would like someone to pray for you
- when you would like to receive communion
- when you are bereaved after losing a relative or friend
- when it is time to say goodbye (memorial service on the ward or in the hospital chapel)
- Sunday Service on the oncology ward (S2) 1 pm: 11.6, 18.6, 25.6, 9.7, 16.7, 13.8, 20.8, 27.8
- You can also meet the chaplain at the service point on tuesdays 11-12 am
We hospital chaplains are there for patients, their relatives and the personnel.
We are specialists in pastoral counselling but you can discuss any area of human life with us, not just spiritual issues. We observe the obligation to secrecy specified in law, and we respect different faiths and convictions and freedom of religion. We were invited and commissioned by and receive support from the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland.
Evenings, weekends and holidays you reach us via Vaasa central hospital switch 06 213 1111.
The Quiet Room is open daily.
Sairaalapappi / Sairaalasielunhoidon johtaja Rose-Maj Friman
040 575 6871
Sairaalapappi Krista Riipinen
Sairaalapappi Marianne Virtanen
06 213 1023
E-mail format: email@example.com