Social work is a part of a patient's comprehensive care and rehabilitation in the hospital. Illness or injury can in many ways affect family life, livelihood and the ability to cope at home and at work.
Social work in central hospital aims to provide guidance and information about different forms of service for patients in different situations in life. Every ward and outpatient clinic has their own social worker. Social workers can be contacted during office hours.
Forms of services:
- guidance and information about different social benefits and social services
- support in filling in applications and letters of complaints
- assessment of the patient's overall situation
- treatment planning together with the patient, their relatives and the medical team
- support for the patient and their relatives in discussions
- information for different patient groups
- multi-professional cooperation
The services of the social workers are confidential and free for the patient. There is no need for a referral, and an appoitment can be made, for example, by telephone.